We are looking for Trustees
We are a small local charity supported and partly funded by Watford Borough Council. We are looking for new Trustees to join our board. All Trustees are volunteers. What are Trustees’ responsibilities? Main Duties of a Trustee (as listed by the Charity Commission)
- Ensure the charity is carrying out its purposes to the public benefit
- Comply with the charity governing document and the law
- Act is the charity’s best interests
- Manage the charity’s resources responsibly
- Act with reasonable care and skill
- Ensure the charity is accountable
- Dedication to the charity’s cause and objectives and willing
Our board is always looking to advance their skills and suitable training opportunities are arranged for all.
We currently have an opening for a proactive person with a background in finance/ book keeping or similar, to join our professional and forward looking volunteer Trustee Board as Trustee Treasurer. The treasurer will oversee the monitoring of the organisation’s finances on behalf of the whole board, to report regularly on them to the board, and to make sure that money are properly managed. They will ensure that bookkeeping, record keeping, and budgeting are done properly.
Trustee x 2
We have a vibrant and committed group of Trustees who enjoy serving our local Community in West Watford, working together and are looking for Trustees who have a passion or interest in charity service provision and who also share our passion to serve our local Community.
Recruitment at WWCA
We are looking for a new Centre Development Worker.
Part Time Position - 15 hours per week,but flexibility will be required and will include some evening and weekend working hours.
Wage: £10.42 per hour;
Apply by: 30th November 2023
Only applicants successful in 1st round will be notified and invited for an interview. Please note CVs will not be accepted.
If you would like to apply for the position please contact us for an application pack. (email
We also need external fitness instructors for - Chair Yoga - chair based exercise for those limited by their health.
- Over 50's Exercise - light aerobic exercise to music for the over 50s.
We are looking forward to meeting you.
Volunteering is in the heart of everything we do at WWCA. Without the support and help of our large and growing team of volunteers, we would be able to offer far fewer services to the local community.
We are currently looking for volunteers who can help us:
Coffee Morning Helpers
- help setting up tables, chairs and drink making facilities while ensuring hygiene standards are maintained. You will be serving drinks as well as making sure everyone feels welcome. There is a social element to this role and you will have the opportunity to sit down and chat with others should you wish to.
design our promotional materials, such as posters and leaflets. You will need to have knowledge of how to create visually appealing materials but you do not need to have work experience. You will work on your own PC using your own preferred software, remotely. If you would like to volunteer for us and/or to find out more information, please email
develop WWCA’s social media presence with a particular focus on:
- Keeping our social media channels updated, ideally three times a week (currently only Facebook only)
- Encouraging others to comment on our posts and share them with others
- Increasing the numbers of people following our posts on our own website and on Facebook